|Crossing off the bucket list: Petronas twin tower!|
Petronas was in my bucket list for one reason. It's featured in the 1999 movie Entrapment starring Zeta Jones and Connery!!! Nah! Well, aside from being featured, my reason basically was, obviously it's the sum total of Malaysia. It's an internationally recognised landmark in the world. They say one haven't seen Malaysia without seeing the Petronas. Oh well, it's kinda true. The tower was so grand, detailed and interesting in person. But behind the construction of this symbolic tower and why it became a symbol is the next question. Here are some few interesting facts about the tower:
1. The whole complex was built on a former horse racing track.
2. It took 6 years to complete the towers. Cost: 1.8 billion USD!!!
3. Skybridge was designed as a fire escape.
4. The pinnacle on top of both towers took more than 19 weeks each to make.
5. The main occupant of he towers are: Accenture, Al Jazeerah English, IBM, Carigali Nasional Berhad, Mckinsey & Co, TCS, Krawler Networks, Microsoft and Reuters.
The twin tower can sure be amazing during day time but the view is waaay better at night.
Petronas Twin Tower is located at Kuala Lumpur City Centre, 50088 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
To dig more info or if you plan to climb up the tower's skybridge & observation deck, head on to: http://www.petronastwintowers.com.my/